I'm Moving Up to a Mansion Bright/Upcoming post(s)

by Grace 5. June 2017 22:05

Hey everyone! Here's the words to a song that I wrote in 2014. Enjoy!

I'm Moving Up to a Mansion Bright

In all His glory

so bright and fair

I'm going upwards

I'm headed homewards

I'm going up to

heaven so fair

Also, I was thinking of maybe doing something special, like interviewing someone, having someone do a guest post (by the way, check out the 'Shout Out to Fellow Poets' on the sidebar!) doing a post-a-day for a week challenge, or having a Q+A where y'all ask questions in the comments and I answer. What do y'all think? If I were to do one of those, which would be most interesting to you?

Did you like the song? Any suggestions as to how it could be better? And what d'y'all think of a special post/post series? What would you suggest? Do any of you have any topic suggestions for future poems?

Tags: , , , , , ,

6/5/2017 11:00:42 PM #

Dear Grace, so nice, I love these uplifting bright songs of poetry. No darkness here!

A song of anticipation of a Day that we all will someday know.

Scott

6/5/2017 11:30:21 PM #

Glad you enjoyed it Mr. Walker! And thank you for the song suggestion! That's a great, uplifting topic.

Bella Morganthal
Bella Morganthal
6/6/2017 3:39:12 PM #

Great song, Grace! Keep up the good work! Smile

6/6/2017 4:15:15 PM #

Aw, thanks Bella! Glad you liked it!

6/6/2017 3:40:31 PM #

Great poem, Grace!  This was beautiful <3
Oh wow, I think any of those fun post suggestions would be awesome!  I like the idea of doing an interview, but I love all the others too! Smile

6/6/2017 4:17:18 PM #

Thanks Grace! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I think it would be fun to do an interview too! I'll keep your suggestion in mind! Laughing

6/7/2017 2:48:38 PM #

This song was wonderful, seriously, it was the best!!! When I come visit, you'll have to sing it for me! Laughing
I think all of those different posts sound neat to try! I might do the "Shout Out to Fellow Poets" sometime, what do you think? ;)

6/7/2017 3:16:42 PM #

I'm glad you liked it! Yes, if you want me to, I'll sing it for you when you come over! ;)
And I'd LOVE for you to do the "SOFP" sometime! That would be absolutely lovely! I already know you're a stunning poet. (:

6/8/2017 9:39:47 AM #

Dear Grace, I can tell from reading the post many of us (me included) would like to hear and see you sing this song along with others that you have written and sung. Please consider recording a U-Tube so we can hear this. Since it is such a special song, it is deserving of this. Perhaps a few songs? Thanks--

Scott

6/8/2017 6:22:17 PM #

Well, you've kinda got me on the spot here... I'll take it into consideration. I'll be sure to let you all know if I ever do post anything on YouTube.
That being said, if you go to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HugnngtO5vE and go 40 minutes and 45 seconds in, you'll hear a Christmas song I wrote that we sang at our Christmas recital last year. If you do go back and listen, let me know what you think!

6/9/2017 11:36:30 AM #

Here is another poem I worked on editing of my late brother Eric Walker. My brother died in 1993.

This poem is very complex and it is hard to understand, but I think I get most of it.  Sharing poetry with you all. Is he describing Eden or Heaven?

Reflections of Paradise

Infinite nature, resounding like the sea.

The serenity of this place, where things grow

Like wild fire, reaching the endless Universe.

A tree that stretches out beyond the known cycle,

into the rhythms of mountains, rooted beneath Christ’s eye.

The thing that never ends, celestial coming of warmth

in the icy dream of Salvation.

And the woman who changes her face to be a smiling angel

of life, life given over to life, created long ago.

In that creation it could linger like this, in the form of

smooth stones, polished by the endless river.

Reflections of reflections.

A billion Suns wrapped in a gold band, glittering on her finger.

Mountains unlike any mountains you have ever seen.

And valleys greener than the greenest thing.

Perfect virgin forest, uncut and unlogged.

When does this end, you ask?

When forever melts into dusk.

When time goes backwards.

When she turns ugly, who is infinitely beautiful.

When the spider unweaves its web.

When the solid mountain melts like ice.

This endless sea churning blood.

A trillion more Suns reflect in the night sky.

Paradise perfect, like the marriage feast of two gods.

Broken mirror, man in his solitude cannot see.

There, where the root clasps of the mountain, a perfect

reflection of infinity.

6/9/2017 11:51:40 AM #

Perhaps a clue... I took notice that he spelled God with a small g, there is a meaning there. It is not God he is speaking of.

Paradise perfect, like the marriage feast of two gods.

6/9/2017 9:33:37 PM #

After reading 'the thing that never ends, celestial coming of warmth in the icy dream of Salvation', I think that he's talking about heaven. Salvation wasn't necessarily a reality during Eden's time of glory. Another thing is that he mentions very often the infinity of this paradise. It lasts forever. So my guess is that it's heaven he's talking about. The 'paradise perfect, like the marriage feast of two gods' is simply a simile, not something actually there. You can tell because he says 'like', not 'is'.
What do you think?

6/9/2017 10:36:12 PM #

Hi Grace  and all - how are you? Good I hope.

Yeah, I know figuring out my brothers poetry is never easy. And that is what makes poetry so fun, and educational. Delving into the deeper view of things. Reading between the lines and knowing all the punctuation we were taught in school is no more.

Yes, I agree - in this poem, I do think he is speaking of Heaven as he did use a simile there and the small g was a giveaway.

I like to post some of his poems, they can sometimes perplex me in wonder and I read yours as well and sometimes one of yours may remind me with one of my late brothers poems, put a couple here in this blog for you guys to try to study and if anyone can totally get it, my hat is off to you!

Have a Nice Weekend,