SOFP Entry!

by Grace 16. June 2017 22:26

Hey everyone! We've got another SOFP guest post! This is by my dear friend Olivia Bell (thanks Livy!!)! I hope you enjoy this beautiful poem as much as I did!

The Seasons are changing

The Lord has put the earthly seasons into motion

They come and go with or without emotion

It starts with the coming of winter, the season of snow and ice

When the powder falls it looks very nice

All the excited children run outdoors to play

In the sparkling white of the blustery day

Skiing and snowboarding at daring high speeds

Having enough thrills and excitement to satisfy their needs

The glistening white snow stays only for a short while

Leaving behind nothing but a dirty, brown pile

Everyone is ready for spring to have sprung at last

Planting their gardens when the threat of frost has passed

Colorful flowers sprouting up and blooming

Harvesting time is soon to be looming

Summer has now arrived, swelteringly hot

All the children go swimming, as they have been taught

At the end of the hot day people enjoy cold ice cream

Everyone is so happy this could be a dream

Then all of the trees turn to bright fall colors

Harvesting time comes and everyone helps their mothers

With the canning and preserving of their God-given food

When all the sudden winter has once again ensued

The Seasons keep right on going by fast

None of them ever really seem to last

That’s the way it certainly will be

Forever into eternity

Did you enjoy Olivia's entry? Would YOU be interested in doing SOFP?

Tags: , , ,

6/16/2017 10:33:41 PM #

Thanks so much for doing this, Twinsie! This was lovely - a special treat! (:

6/17/2017 1:38:25 PM #

Oh, thank you, dear friend! I'm honored to be featured here. I was wondering though, why does it say "Lizbeth" and not my name? I think you made a little mistake, haha! It's no problem though, but can you please fix it? Thanks so much, Twinsie! Laughing

6/17/2017 1:56:55 PM #

I fixed it! XD Sorry I saw that and thought, 'I need to fix that before I post this' and then I forgot! Haha! Well, it all well and good now!

6/17/2017 2:24:10 PM #

Thanks, Twinsie! It's perfect now! I'm so excited to be featured here! Laughing

6/17/2017 10:46:34 PM #

Grace, this looks like you have found another great poet out there!

A wonderful poem. The imagery here of the seasons, the renewal of life, the thrills of the newness of it all to a wide-eyed child.

Nicely written, I saw nothing needing anything changed or considered. It reminds me of how I felt when I was much younger, and how the seasons seem to go by us faster as we get older. And all the elders seem to agree.

Five Stars!

Scott

6/17/2017 11:26:44 PM #

Oh yes, she's definitely a great poet! She's a good friend of mine! Laughing

Joy
Joy
6/18/2017 11:12:54 PM #

I loved this poem, Olivia! Seasons are so fascinating. I'm so thankful to live in a region where I'm able to experience a bit of each season, though I'm not North enough to get a "real" winter.  ;)

6/19/2017 9:17:00 PM #

I'm glad all of you enjoyed Olivia's poem! If anyone ever wants to guest post some of their poetry, just let me know! I'd be more than happy to post it! Just let me know through the contact tab at the top.

Bella Morganthal
Bella Morganthal
6/28/2017 2:59:48 PM #

This was a beautiful poem! Livy, you did such a lovely job! <3

Lizbeth E.
Lizbeth E.
6/28/2017 5:00:23 PM #

So awesome Livy!  I loved it!

<<  January 2018  >>