The Blessed, Holy Trinity!

by Grace 7. July 2017 23:45

Hey everyone! It feels to me that it's been a while since I've posted anything! I guess it probably hasn't been too long though. ;)

The Trinity is a very beautiful thing to me. We've been learning a lot about this recently in church, and that's what inspired me to write this poem. I hadn't realized how amazing and inspiring the Trinity was until about a month ago. I mean, of course, I've always known God is three in one and that is the Trinity and that God is absolutely pure and holy, but I didn't know the depth of His beauty was until I had heard more on the Trinity.

Without further ado, here's the poem!

The Blessed, Holy Trinity

The sacred, divine Trinity

A holy doctrine unto me

Three in one

One in three

The Blessed, Holy Trinity.

This awe-inspiring Trinity

Together saves and blesses me

The Father, Son

And Spirit be

The Blessed, Holy Trinity.

The sacred, lovely Trinity;

It reaches down to you and me.

We don’t deserve

This grace of thee

The Blessed, Holy Trinity.

The Son has died for you and me

The Father blesses me and thee

The Holy Spirit

Dwells in me

The Blessed, Holy Trinity.

Because God is the three in one

Of disagreements, there are none.

The harmony!

The Unity!

The Blessed, Holy Trinity!

This Unity, this Trinity

Is very beautiful to me

I overflow

With praise of thee

The Blessed, Holy Trinity!

Did you enjoy this poem? Have you ever realized how amazing the Trinity is?

Tags: , , ,

7/8/2017 7:57:53 PM #

This was simply marvelous! I loved it! Laughing I was thinking about the Trinity the other day actually, and it really is amazing and wonderful! It's a really interesting thing to think and study about! ;)

7/10/2017 5:01:50 PM #

Yes, the Trinity is amazing and wonderful! The love and unity and oneness of the Trinity is absolutely astounding and beautiful! Words really can't describe it. My poem can't even explain one onehundreth of the splendor of the Trinity!

7/9/2017 9:30:30 AM #

Dear Grace, how can one top this one! Five stars. What a wonderful poem to read this Sunday Morning as I prepare for church with thoughts of God and the Trinity on my mind.

What I liked about it was the flow of its message and it clued us in on the Trinity being a love that we cannot really grasp its deepness in our human realm. The purity of the love in the Trinity. Yes, we have been fascinatingly studying the trinity at church. I am reading a book called Delighting in the Trinity - I'll pass it off to you if you would like to read it.

As humans bound by limits we can only grasp our mind, and our minds eye "around the edges" of the Trinity. It is something we have yet to experience in its full glory, the purest white light of love that lives in the Trinity.

7/10/2017 5:05:16 PM #

So glad you enjoyed Mr. Walker! I believe this is one you've already seen too.
Yes, so true! we cannot truly grasp the beauty of the Trinity. It is too great, too magnificent for our finite minds to wrap around.
The book you're reading - Delighting in the Trinity - who is it by? Sounds like a great book. Let me know what you think of it when you've finished it!

7/10/2017 8:51:26 PM #

Hi, the book Delighting In The Trinity is by Michael Reeves, Larson (one of our teachers at church) had liked it. Imagine a book that attempts to describe the almost impossible. Its "Gods Loving Fatherly Traits" that seems to be the message I am getting so far. It's a nice book and I will give it to you soon. It is taking me a long time to read, not the kind of book that you can just read through, this book has taken me awhile a few pages at a time

- Scott

7/10/2017 8:56:09 PM #

Grace the only edit comment I had on this wonderful poem is regarding the usage of your comma in the title. Consider this...

7/12/2017 12:24:42 PM #

A nice passage from the Bible -

Thus says the LORD of hosts: Old men and old women shall again sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each with staff in hand because of great age. 5 And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in its streets. 6 Thus says the LORD of hosts: If it is marvelous in the sight of the remnant of this people in those days, should it also be marvelous in my sight, declares the LORD of hosts? 7 Thus says the LORD of hosts: behold, I will save my people from the east country and from the west country, 8 and I will bring them to dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in faithfulness and in righteousness."

<<  January 2020  >>