Patience my Child

by Grace 7. August 2017 21:45

Hey all! I'm back! Fire off the cannons!!!

Here's a song that I wrote recently. This is something God's been telling me a lot recently! If I have my way, this will eventually make it onto our CD, but my way doesn't always happen in circumstances like these... Oh well. We'll see what happens. At any rate, here it is and let me know what you think!

Patience My Child

CHORUS: Patience, patience my child

Patience, patience my child

I have the answer

And remember

That I'll not forget your name,

Patience, patience my child

VERSE 1: I was wrestling through a struggle

So I lifted it in prayer

And I waited for a while

But my prayer for this trial

Didn't seem to have an answer

I great despair I asked Him

If He had heard my cry

He smiled at me, and this was His reply

(Chorus)

VERSE 2: When you're faced with life's decisions

And you ask God what to do

But it seems the Lord above

Who's always looking down in love

Wasn't looking down at you!

Stop fretting for a moment

Know that He will make a way

If you listen close, you will hear Him say

(Chorus)

Did you enjoy this poem? Is God currently teaching you this lesson too?

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Scott A. Walker
Scott A. Walker
8/9/2017 11:59:38 AM #

How could we help from giving this poem 5 stars?

I found this poem to be re-assuring, comforting, as even the most happy people in the world have difficult times. Patience to understand are needed here to fully understand it all and why God has placed us into difficult situations at times, patience because he is teaching us something and we are not yet done. Sometimes when we look back at our lives we can see these types of purpose in events encounter as difficult as they may be. God is there. And then, finally we understand His purpose. Until then, patience.

So, I believe those strong in faith of Christ, in the Trinity, we do have less worry in our lives.

That is so true for Christians I have met and known, compared to the others, who are not. They however do seem to face these battles much more frequently - almost daily a struggle. And, the non-Christian sits in wonder of their misunderstanding why things are so difficult. Why is their life a wreck they wonder...

Nice poem Grace! It's both comforting and reassuring.

8/14/2017 3:25:02 PM #

Yes! Patience is definitely necessary through trials. When things aren't going our way, we just need to look towards heaven and remind ourselves that no matter what is going on, it's all in Gods plan and all for our good.

8/10/2017 5:14:53 PM #

I loved it! It is so true and I really enjoyed it! Yes, I am trying to learn patience right now! Laughing I just have one edit for it, in verse 2 the first line, it says "your", when I believe it should be "you're". I hope that helps! You know me, I never find anything to edit, haha! Laughing

8/14/2017 3:13:48 PM #

Glad you enjoyed it! Patience is definitely something we all have to work on!

Scott A. Walker
Scott A. Walker
8/10/2017 5:54:30 PM #

Hi Grace, saw Olivia's note... Yes, I think that small edit. Your(s) is possessive - like saying its your home. But you're means "you are".

I agree that change would fit well. The first "your" is used correctly. I do not think it be any problems for hymn as they both sound the same, there is no difference what-so-ever in its pronunciation. I just used the word its, which can also be used as it's - meaning "it is" they sound the same, but same meaning and they sound the same too.

I really like this one. And, so many of us can relate to this too. So it should be fine, and sound exactly the same.

Scott

8/14/2017 3:13:07 PM #

Yeah... That's a typo. :/ I'll make sure I fix that! Thanks to you both for pointing it out!

Scott A. Walker
Scott A. Walker
8/14/2017 8:35:29 AM #

Hi Grace, I showed your poem to Tessie and she said who wrote this? When I told her it was you, she smiled and said how wonderful it is.

Since we like this one so much let's fix it up! Just one small edit. We both liked it when I printed it out I saw this.

you wrote "I great despair I asked Him"

Edit it to say - "In great despair I asked Him" If you like you could write "In great despair, I asked him" (added the comma).

I hope more people read this one. I thought of it when we heard in church that the 10 month old baby died, Jim is the uncle. We understand that it was done with a purpose, but we struggle with the tragedy of the loss of this baby and it made me remember this song. In time, even His reason for this will be understood.

Scott