Song Suggestion: I Have Been Blessed

by Grace 2. November 2017 20:45

Hey everyone! Something called law school ate me up... so that's why I've been absent from my blog and why I've been out of touch with many of you. :/ But I've crawled out of my little hole of contract law books to once again post on my poor neglected blog. It's only a song suggestion, yes, but it's a very good one! If you like it, look into the Bontrager Family Singers website and blog. They're one of my favorite artists.

Here it is: I Have Been Blessed

Ah, it feels good to be back. Anyways. Back to the point. I'll try to post a weekly song suggestion so that you all can see if I'm still alive or not. And hopefully I can post some of my own inspiration on here sometime soon. My fingers are itching to write music but my textbooks are keeping me busy... We'll see what happens. (:

Blessings to you all and hope you are all doing well!

Did you like the song? What have you been up to? Have you heard of the Bontrager Family Singers before? What are some of you favorite artists?

Tags: , , , , , ,

11/4/2017 9:11:45 AM #

Ahhh Grace, you're back!  Yay!  I missed you here!  I love this song, and pretty much all the others by the Bontrager Family as well Smile  This song though... definitely on my list of favorites!  Along with "All I Need" and a few others ;)

11/4/2017 7:49:52 PM #

Yes, I'm back! It feels good. It's hard not to post several times everyday after finally getting back! Haha! (:
Oh yes, this one is definitely a favorite right now! And "All I Need" has been a favorite for a long time! I love that one!!! And "Saved" is a favorite too! But I'm not going to list all of my favorites here... That might take a while. (: Right now those are pretty much my favorites of favorites from them. Oh! And also... nevermind. ;)

11/4/2017 10:08:25 PM #

Hi Grace, it's been awhile glad to see a new post today.

I am not rating this one, because I liked the message more than its melody. Also it may be just a "guy thing" as I am most often partial to female vocals.

A heartfelt song with a sincere message about our Lord's love of us, whether we are deserving of it, or not.

Scott

11/4/2017 11:40:52 PM #

The message of Grace made me remember this timeless song. I watched two versions - Here is Amazing Grace. You must get teased a lot - but it really is one of my favorite Christian Songs. Looking at the grand performances the song commanded. Which is best? Well I am not sure, and they are surely so very different.

12/12/2017 5:43:31 PM #

I really enjoyed that song, how true it is that we are so blessed! Laughing I like the Bontragger Family, I've listened to them before. Laughing

12/12/2017 7:07:18 PM #

Yes, we are sooo blessed! Amen to that! Yes, I love the Bontragers too! Their some of my favorite singers to listen to. (:

1/14/2018 4:40:09 PM #

I like that song too! Me and my sister actually memorized it Laughing

1/14/2018 6:36:13 PM #

I'm glad you liked it! There's not many people out there who like this kind of music anymore, especially younger people like you and me.
I actually memorized this one too! But only from listening to it so often. There's a lot of verses! How long did it take you to memorize it? It took me months 😄

Laura Danner
Laura Danner
1/15/2018 2:04:10 PM #

I'm not sure, it was a while ago.. do you like the Wissmann Family? They're similar to the Bontragers, and I like them too!

1/15/2018 2:40:32 PM #

From what I've heard of them, yes! I haven't heard that much of them though - I was able to find the Bontragers much more easily and I was able to see a lot of their music on Youtube to find out if I liked them or not. However, I didn't find the Wissman's music as readily available. I tried listening to CD samples of their music off of their website but only two or three songs actually worked. I also couldn't find them on YouTube. I do like what I've heard of them though! Do you have a favorite CD of them? Maybe I'll try to get one and see a little more of what they're like.
Have you heard of the Mylon Hayes family? They're less bluegrassy and more southern-gospely (I'm not sure that either of those are words...) but I still really like a lot of their music!

Laura Danner
Laura Danner
1/16/2018 10:17:22 AM #

I've never heard of them before, but I just looked them up! : D
One of my favorite of the Wissmann songs is I Will Be Your Shield,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XzmiHukb10. That's on the Let my Life Be a Light CD. That CD is just girls. For Christmas, I got the Let The Rocks Cry Out CD, and I really like that too!  It has these two songs on it : (plus more.of course!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v3FLWXTON8. Both of those CDs are pretty old (I don't know if you mind or not, but I love them! ) Sing Praise is a CD I don't have, but it's on YouTube! Just try "Wissmann sing Praise" and it should bring them up.. : ) hope this helps!

1/16/2018 11:40:50 AM #

Thanks! The Wissmanns are a group that I've wanted to look into for a long time, but I wasn't quite sure where to start. I don't mind old CDs. Oftentimes (although not always) they're better! I'll take a look at those links. Thanks again!

1/16/2018 2:11:36 PM #

Another group I like is Greater Vision - I really like their songs "Preacher Tell Me Like it Is" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9pbunqkKk8) "Still" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vPHpSLQMU) and "Waiting By the Well" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPmHK0C4SCY)

1/19/2018 1:41:21 PM #

Cool! "Still" was neat!

1/19/2018 2:30:12 PM #

Glad you liked it! It's one of their most recent hits and the title cut for their most recent CD. It was also written by Rodney Griffin, one of my favorite songwriters. 😁

1/19/2018 2:37:01 PM #

By the way, I saw your comment on somebody else's blog that you were Calvinist. So am I. ;)

1/20/2018 4:32:09 PM #

Cool! It doesn't seem like many people are, but it's neat finding them!

1/20/2018 4:41:13 PM #