Recipe

by Grace 16. January 2018 16:32

Hey everyone!

Here's a recipe I made up recently. Everyone in my family loved it! It currently doesn't really have a name yet... If you have a suggestion, feel free to tell!

Ingredients:

1 8oz package cream cheese

approx. 3/4c salsa (I used our homemade salsa and it was really good!)

1 lb ground pork sausage (I made my own seasoning and put it into ground pork)

Approx. 1-2 cups pepper jack cheese

Directions:

Cook ground sausage. In a mixer, combine cream cheese and salsa until well blended. Mix in sausage, and then pepper jack cheese.

This works great as a dip for chips if you stick it in a pan and leave it in the oven for a little while (sorry, I didn't record a time for the dip...) and I've also put it in homemade phyllo cups and then stuck them in the oven for 30-45 minutes on 185 degrees (I did it on such a low temperature because I didn't want to burn my phyllo cups ;)

I'll try to get the T0Fs answers, the questions answers, and some poetry/songs out for y'all soon!

Do you have any name suggestions? Any questions about the recipe? Have any of you ever used phyllo cups before? Do you think you'll try the recipe out?

Tags: , , ,

1/17/2018 3:53:13 PM #

That sounds delicious! Hmm, I'm not sure on a name... hehe! I don't think I know what Phyllo cups are, what are they? Are they like tortilla chip bowls? Laughing I know there's a lot of wonderful cooks in your home, speaking from personal experience!! Laughing

1/17/2018 6:58:55 PM #

Phyllo cups are just cups made out of this really thin dough (called phyllo dough ;) and there's about 5 layers of this dough shaped into a cup and they're crispy. Here's a link to a picture: www.google.com/search: and here's a link to a better description of what they are than I gave (hehe) www.google.com/search
Awe, thanks! We all enjoy cooking. I know there are good cooks in your home too, and I hope to find out by experience some time in the future too! ;)

1/17/2018 8:14:22 PM #

Mmmm, yummy!  I'm seriously going to have to give this a try.  We have an insane amount of cream cheese in our fridge right now (think, a huge container.  Times 6.) and I've been looking for recipes to use cream cheese in.  This sounds perfect!  Does it resemble lasagna at all?  I'm trying to picture it in my mind and lasagna is the only thing all the ingredients remind me of xD   Although I think a long time ago I made something similar, but I can't remember at all what was in it.  We just called it "hamburger dip." Smile  But for some reason I'm thinking lasagna for this recipe Tong

1/17/2018 10:00:36 PM #

It doesn't really resemble lasagna to much - mainly because it has no noodles. XD It's not necessarily saucy either. Think the consistency of spinach dip (probably a little less thick I guess), but only a completely different flavor and small chunks of sausage. Or like a chicken dip. I don't know... It's hard to explain... Spinach dip without spinach, lasagna without noodles or sauce, quiche without eggs, chicken dip without chicken... Haha! All I know is that it tastes good! If you try it, let me know if you like it!

1/18/2018 9:38:06 AM #

Oh, and by the way, that is a LOT of cream cheese!

<<  January 2020  >>