Short Semi-Breakish Sort of Thing

by Grace 30. January 2018 10:37

Hey everyone!

I just thought I'd pop in and say that I might not be here much again until sometime after the 18th of February. *Sniffs*

It's not that I thought I needed an internet break (although I could probably use one sometime or another) and it's not that I've run out of inspiration (I've got at least three posts in mind that I need to do - one of which is the rest of the Q + As which WOULD have already been posted if my computer hadn't suffered from momentary insaness and deleted half of the stuff I'd had on it. I can't sue it, unfortunately, because it was insane - it didn't destroy my work on purpose. Oh well). In short, I didn't want to take a break.

Why then, you may ask? Why have I decided to put my blog on the back burner for a while? Well, I've just suddenly gotten very busy.

With what?

Midterms.

And I'm more scared than last time. I'm not near as prepared as last time and don't have as much time to prepare, and I made a few mistakes, and these are going to be some hard tests. And it's not like God said not to worry...

Oh wait. He did. Never mind.

So I'm not going to! (Well, I'm trying...)

That doesn't mean that I'm not going to work hard. It doesn't mean that I'm not going to start studying early in the morning and keep going until late at night. It doesn't mean I'm not going to turn down multiple opportunities to do things that are 'more fun'. It doesn't mean it's not going to take an extra dash of courage and determination and lots of God's grace to make this happen.

In short, it doesn't mean it's going to be easy.

It just means that I have all of God's grace that I could want and that His grace is MORE than sufficient for me.

What about you?

Alright, things that'll happen before I see you next:

I'll be 18!!! February 8th will mark my movement from infant to major (law terms... another word for 'minor' is infant. Haha, sorry to all of my friends and readers who are younger than 18! You're technically still infants.)

I'll be halfway done with my paralegal program. OH MY! Crazy!

My little brother Jacob will be 14. (No way. Jacob, I know you're reading this - you used to be the cutest, chubbiest little guy the world has ever seen. Whatever made you decide to change that!? Just teasing. Besides, you ARE still an infant. Hahaha! Get that??? ;)

I will have *hopefully* put in around 100 hours of school (preferably BEFORE testing :/ ).

Now, I've been talking like I'll be gone for weeks (which I might) but I most likely pop in again sometimes regardless of my busyness, and I'll keep an eye out for comments too. And if any of you feel the need to keep in touch with me during this time of gone-ness, there's the contact form somewhere on here. ;) As you can tell, I really don't want to be gone!!!

In the meantime, here's a song for you to enjoy and the lyrics to this song are coming from the bottom of my heart ;) I only like songs in this style as long as they're done just right; very little beat, no weirdness, and good, strong lyrics are the only way that this kind of tune is going to take off for me. But the Kingdom Heirs nailed it.

And the words are super good. Here y'all go.

Kingdom Heirs - Pray For Me

Will you all miss me? (I'll miss you all *sniff*) What are some things that will be happening for you during my break? What are some of your favorite verses when dealing with stress and anxiety? How many of you all are infants???? (No, just kidding! Honestly!) Did you all like the song?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1/30/2018 1:26:27 PM #

I'll definitely miss your absence on here, Grace, but I know that the break will be refreshing and helpful for you.  And sometimes its nice to take a break from blogging anyway.  Gives you a sort of newfound energy and excitement when you come back.
I'll be praying for your midterms.  I have a brother that has to go through that too, so I know they're tough.  God is faithful to give grace and strength though!
I'm an infant... *sobs* xD  Happy early birthday, by the way!   Way to be born! (sorry, it's a corny thing a former youth pastor would always say on our birthdays ;) xD  I hope your day is spectacular!  You are a blessing to me! <3

1/30/2018 2:27:42 PM #

I'm sure it will be refreshing. I'm sad to leave (though it's really not that long!) but it'll probably be good for me.
Thank you! I need it! I forgot - I think you did tell me once your brother was in college. Yes, He is!
Hahaha, you are! Don't worry, only 2ish more years to go, and being a major is probably overrated. It means that you can do a lot of stuff that I wouldn't do anyways.
Way to be born... I like that! Haha! Sounds like something my uncle would say. Anywho, thank you! You're a blessing to me too, and no mistake!

1/30/2018 8:14:53 PM #

This infant is going to miss your posts. Laughing Hahaha! Don't worry, my friend, I know you will do great! With God all things are possible, including mid-terms! Smile I love your posts, so I'll miss you but it'll make the next post even more looked forward to, lol!

I'm so excited for your birthday! Laughing

1/30/2018 10:03:51 PM #

Haha, I'm realizing how many infants read my blog! Haha! You only have a short while to go before exiting the infancy stage though.
Thank you, I know with God's strength I can get this done.
I'm glad you enjoy my posts!
I'm excited for my birthday too! Haha!

1/31/2018 8:50:08 PM #

Grace Happy Birthday in advance!!! 18 is a big on for sure and I'm surely going to miss your posts, but I am here as are all of us. Take a break, I can certainly see you have a full plate and you concentrate on these finals.

I will be sure to look in on this site from time to time to see if you're back Smile And, in the meantime, do well, accomplish your dreams, and goals that He (Christ) has set out before you.

While you're working on your studies - I do have some big books that I want to read - including Beth Jane's Book which I am sending for.  Best wishes on All that you're working on, and May Gods grace be with you in all that you do.

1/31/2018 9:10:45 PM #

Thank you Mr. Walker! We actually have quite a few big birthdays - two 20s, an 18, a sweet 16, 12, 10, and my parents birthdays are pretty big ones this year!
Thank you! I want to do my best to follow Christ and His plans for me, even before my own.
I hope you enjoy your book reading. You'll have to let me know how you like Beth's book.
Thanks!

1/31/2018 10:22:10 PM #

Happy (early) birthday!! Congatulations on not being an "infant" anymore! =D  I guess I won't be one either! Laughing

1/31/2018 10:29:51 PM #

Just posted the truth/lie thing!

1/31/2018 11:09:29 PM #

Thank you! And yes, you and I can graduate from infanthood together! Hahaha! Happy early birthday to you too. You'll have your birthday before mine. Hope you have a blessed day!

1/31/2018 11:10:28 PM #

Oh, and I checked out your post. So fun! I commented. (:

2/1/2018 8:12:20 PM #

I guess we all got hung up on you being gone from this blog for a season, that I forgot to listen to the song until tonight.

Ten Stars on the message - if there was such a thing - so let's say 5 stars on its message.

Honestly, Three stars on the music and vocals and its presentation. I however, in all honesty, admit that I still may be biased towards mixed or female vocals music.

2/2/2018 2:12:50 PM #

I'm glad you enjoyed the song! The message is really amazing.
I like mixed and female vocals a lot too, but I think for this song it would be much harder to get it to sound good with a female voice. It can be done, I'm sure, but I think this song is best without female voices.
I think me, Abigail, Isaac, Daniel, and Jacob all tend to lean towards 4-part harmony male quartets, but we still do enjoy mixed vocals. I don't think the boys in our family are too bent on female vocals only, but they enjoy it from time to time if it's good. I tend to be more critical of female vocals only, mainly because they usually don't sing the type of music I like and perhaps also because I'm a girl too. ;)
Anywho, glad you liked the song!

2/2/2018 4:51:57 PM #

That's funny Grace Smile Let the truth be spoken - that you're a girl and naturally we tend to admire the opposite sex by nature, same with me.

This song may be best sung by men - I have enjoyed quartets too. You have such a talented family, its surely a blessing.

2/2/2018 6:09:17 PM #

I don't necessarily like it because it's the opposite sex. I only tend to lean towards them because girls rarely sing the type of music I like. When they do, I often like them better. I'm more for the type of music than for those who sing it, although there are lots of songs that I think girls are better for and there are songs I think boys are better for.
In addition to that, I know Isaac, Daniel, and Jacob all are biased towards male singers. If they were to choose between girl singers or boy singers, or even male versus mixed, they would go for male vocals.

2/3/2018 10:24:30 AM #

Dear Grace, I was mostly teasing you on that Smile I have a drawer full of CD's and there of the older bands that I grew up with listening to. I have likely several hundred CD's and I still like the music of the days when I was much younger. Older music of the 80's, some all male vocals in soft rock bands like Triumph. Journey, Boston, 38 special and more. There are some wonderful talented male singers out there that I like too. But I do admit some of my very favorites are female, but not all.

At church when just the men sing we do compare, but it is of the heart so that is what matters. When we gather as a group mixed with men and woman we surely sound better which has helped me to learn singing again.

<<  May 2019  >>