Another SOFP Entry!

by Grace 23. February 2018 12:13

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for my long absence! Due to an unexpectedly severe case of the stomach flu, I've still been running behind in life. Hopefully I'll be posting more in the near future! I actually have some questions for you all concerning that, but more on that in a later post... ;)

Today I'm actually here for another SOFP entry! (Shout Out to Fellow Poets) These are all by J.S. Clingman (thanks for sharing!) I hope you all will take the time to read them and let him know what you think!

The Four Seasons
A daffodil waved in the breeze that had rushed down the mountainside;
The melted snow hurried down in torrents to where the lakes reside.
Spring had arrived, producing mystic buds of flower and leaf
And wherever it touched in plant or earth, God's nature made a leap.

A primrose danced along the banks of the river's rushing song
The river's banks were lined with gardens of flowery throng.
Summer had finally come – the noontime of the year,
And strewn the gold of June quite merrily – dandelions, far and near.

A golden-colored maple leaf trembled in a sudden windy gust,
As a flock of geese flew northward over the colorful painted forest and occasional hunter's huts.
Autumn had succeeded Summer, in its array of swirling leaves.
Summoning the North Wind southward, in cold and terrible heaves.

A holly plant peeked through the beautiful white snow;
The trees around were barren, but arrayed in mistletoe.
It was in these dark days of Winter that God descended on Christmas night.
And this, through all the dreary days, provides the world a hopeful light.

The Acorn Catastrophe

There was once an acorn in a tree...

One Day it fell down, and hit a bee

The Bee fell down and stung a pig,

The pig got up and danced a jig.

The pig soon struck a big, fat cow

Who struck the bride who was saying the vow

The bride fell into the wedding cake,

Which flew into the man with the garden rake.

The rake came down and hit the bridegroom's hat,

While the bridegroom fell down and squashed a cat.

The cat then screamed to the mountains high,

Which made an avalanche of snow go by.

And what was the reason for this catastrophe?

A tiny acorn that fell from a tree.

The End.

Dawn on The Highlands

(This one was written from a Scottish Highlander's perspective)

The morning dawned bright and clear

In the early morning of the year -

The spring sunrise set the dew on the moors ablaze with twinkling light

As the Sun's rays pierced through the clouds, chasing away the dark night.

Now the loveliness of the Highlands – the rolling hills, the glens – were now in their mystic beauty revealed.

The once-dark, lifeless waters of the brooks and rivers, now sprang, joyously, healed.

From the green, rugged mountains, I looked down from above

At this, my highland-home, Scotland – which I will forever love.

A Poem For A New Year

January is the morn

Of a year that's newly born.

February winds freeze the lakes

Then people come out to ice-skate.

March is when the crocus peeps

Through the snow, in icy heaps.

April's when the birds all sing

Announcing the return of Spring.

May brings flowers reaching high

Up, into the clear blue sky.

June brings occasional rain

And Spring's cool weather starts to wane.

July makes the summer heat

Brown the cornstalks and the wheat.

August is when the crops and grain

Are harvested at the farmers' yearly gain.

September winds blow the grass

And the leaves into a mass.

October brings the light

Of a jack-o-lantern through the night.

November's blast blows the last leaf down;

The year goes on, winter-bound.

December ends the memorable year

With a bit of Christmas cheer.

There y'all have it! Hope you enjoyed! I'll try to get the rest of those Q+A answers out to you next week. ;)

Did you enjoy J.S. Clingman's entries? Do you have a favorite out of the four? Would YOU be interested in doing SOFP?

Tags: , , , , ,

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
2/23/2018 1:44:12 PM #

Thanks for posting! ☺

2/23/2018 1:48:19 PM #

No problem! Thanks for sending them in. ;)

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
2/23/2018 1:48:43 PM #

Thank you also for featuring my website! Appreciate that! ☺

2/23/2018 1:56:12 PM #

Oh, no problem! I was glad to.

2/23/2018 6:03:19 PM #

I like them! (Especially the first one!)

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
2/23/2018 6:16:56 PM #

Thanks! That one was my latest. ;)

2/23/2018 7:05:02 PM #

The Acorn Catastrophe was great! xD  Thanks for sharing!

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
2/23/2018 8:56:10 PM #

Thanks! ☺

2/24/2018 10:47:09 PM #

Hi "poem people" (I may have posted this one before) I always found this poem of my late brothers interesting, still, after looking it over I am not sure how my brother saw God. And if it is the same God I worship, Jesus Christ. His poetry leaves me with more questions than answers. However on this poem, I like its ending...

(by Eric Walker (9/64-3/94)
Human Tree

We return, the sea is a family of birds

watching us in our make-shift night,

a house purring softly inside the windows of twilight,

the great liberation took its long voyage through

the melting dusk, but where are the great liberators

of Time, and who has softened the darkness to still

its beating heart???

The owls in the forest see and hear the silent creeping

and endless blackberry bush, I held you in the morning

only to hold you again in the evening, your soft arms crept

like a golden ray of Sun, your eyes entered mine,

there is no corrupting here, the stars are not violent,

and the ghosts shake minerals from their broken hands;

we turn, twisting into the roots, feeling the throb at the

base of the hulk, we too will know of he final resting,

a clear dusk shatters its perfection in one single moment,

now we are climbing to freedom, the horizon a perspective,

the earth, a knowing climber…

Freedom rests at the heart of our dance, we struggle,

burn inside the soft sinew of arms marking legs, the light

is our God, to us it is simply a meadow of purity, the grasping

for a long silence of years making love in a dance

of wooden breast and crying bosom,

there is a human tree, and it cannot be cut

by axe or saw, it is the living testament of all

we wondered it  would be.

2/24/2018 11:54:43 PM #

Thanks for sharing, Mr. Walker. ;)

2/25/2018 12:39:58 AM #

A Poem For A New Year - Yes a nice message, we surely do have the four seasons, it's still winter as the snow reminds us. Looking forward to my very favorite season of the year - Spring. It is close at hand as we enter March next week.

3/4/2018 2:56:10 PM #

I really enjoyed all of these, the author has a great skill in imagery! My favorite was The Acorn Catastrophe, it was so funny and witty, haha! Smile

I wrote my February poem the other day, Grace, and it's called "Our Never Ending Hope", does it sound interesting to you? Smile

3/4/2018 4:47:35 PM #

Yes, he does have good imagery! I also liked how he added punctuation throughout all of each poem. It really helps to make it come alive.
Yes, your February poem does sound interesting! I'd love to read it!

<<  December 2019  >>