Questions and Answers Part 4: My Answers - Pt. 2

by Grace 26. February 2018 12:06

Hey Everyone!

I'm back with the rest of the answers... Sorry it took so long!

Olivia's Questions:

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Cookie dough hands down! I LOVE cookie dough icecream! It's been my favorite for years!!!

Favorite season?

Fall! I love the changing colors of leaves, the crisp air, the ripening apples and pressing cider!

Favorite holiday?

Christmas, without a doubt. I LOVE Christmas. It's a day we always spend at home together celebrating one of the greatest events in history - the day when God came down in the humble form of a baby to be born in a manger to save the world!

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Hmm... I don't know! Maybe Corrie Ten Boom's place, or NQC, or the Alamo in Texas, or to visit an out of state friend, or something like that!

Or actually... I want to go to a coast where it's actually WARM!!! I love the beach, but it's always cold here in Oregon. Last time we went it was freezing. Me, Abigail, and a friend still waded around in it until I fell in (on accident!). But it would have been much more fun if it was warm. Then falling in wouldn't have been a problem, being that the only reason I didn't want to get that wet is because it was so cold.

I thought it would also be fun to go to OBCL's alumni retreat this year too (unless that's next year - can't remember), but I'll worry about that a little more when I'm actually an alumni! Haha!

If you could take only one person with you, who would it be?

My sister Abigail, probably! But it'd be fun to take my brother Daniel or my other brother Isaac. And it would be fun to take my friend Mal with me too. ;) It really depends on where I'm going!

Grace F's Questions:

What is your dream instrument?

Tuba! No, not really... ;) I'd love to have mandolin lessons! Or double bass too. I'd also love piano lessons. And guitar. And harp. And viola. And banjo!!! Okay, okay, okay... Well, if it's something I've played before but haven't had lessons for, it's gonna be mandolin or piano. But if it has to be something I've haven't played at all, it's probably harp. Viola isn't as pressing because I can play violin/fiddle. Can't be much different, right? Especially since I've played a 5 string violin before. And banjo... I'd love to play it but not as much as harp. Isaac is really good at it so I don't need to play banjo. Guitar and bass lessons would be awesome, but I can already do at least 5 chords (on my good days I remember one or two more ;).

What is your *favorite* Bible verse?

Romans 5:20 "...Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound..."
If you study law for any length of time, you realize how bad this world really is. Sin is everywhere, choking the life and purpose out of millions, causing death, causing pain, causing tribulation, strife, envy... It's sickening. Some of the sin that goes on in this world is unconceivable. You feel hopeless looking around. Offence abounds. It doesn't just lurk around in the dark corner. No. It's everywhere. In the streets in the form of the form of impatient commuters and reckless or drunk drivers. In the business place in the form of greed and envy. In our Government in the form of tyranny and abuse. In our own homes in the forms of heated arguments, rebellious teens, ungrateful children, insubmissive wives, and fathers who don't lead their families in God's truth. And rooted deep within the human heart.

But wait! Wait! There is still hope! because where sin is now thriving, "grace did MUCH MORE abound..." There is more grace in this world than sin! And not just a little more, but MUCH more! Friends, there is hope for us, thank God! Can I get an amen???

Who is your favorite composer/arranger/musician/music hero?

Roger Bennett or Rodney Griffin, to be sure!

Roger Bennet was already a great musician when he started playing piano, singing, and writing songs (he was the piano player for one of the greatest and most well known Southern Gospel quartets, the Cathedrals), but he got better when the he got cancer, the Cathedrals retired, he launched his own group called Legacy Five with his best friend Scott Fowler (also from the Cathedrals up until they retired), and continued singing and playing piano and writing songs. He wrote Whispers in the Night, I've Read the Back of the Book, Don't Be Afraid, Healing, and many others. Roger Bennett died in 2007.

Rodney Griffin is really good too. He writes many wonderful songs, sings in Greater Vision, and *supposedly* plays saxophone (that's a southern gospel joke ;). He wrote Still, Waiting by the Well, and It Pays to Pray, along with many more!

I also love the songs that Diane Wilkinson wrote, and Mark Trammell and Gerald Wolfe are some of my favorite singers (both in their days with the Cathedrals and now that they have their own groups). I also like the Mylon Hayes family, the Bontrager Family Singers, and many others. But my top favorite musicians are Roger Bennett and Rodney Griffin.

Oh, and Isaac. Just to let you all know, my brother Isaac is an amazing composer, musician, arranger, singer, and everything. I've never met a better musician.

Are you all wondering why I have to take so long to answer a couple questions yet???

What is one random fun fact about you?

I don't like bell peppers. But that's not very fun or random. Hmm...

I love volleyball! But the person who asked this question already knows this...

I'm not a very random person! Okay, I'll try again. Besides, I am.

My personality type is INFP. There we go. ;)

What is your favorite part of blogging?

Being able to share with and bless others that I wouldn't be able to reach in this way! I love being able to share my poetry, share other people's poetry, and talk about music, poetry, family life, and other things. Oh, and I love comments. ;)

What is a secret talent of yours that many would be surprised to know?

Hmm... Secret talent that people would be surprised to know... Probably arguing, haha! Everyone always thinks I'm sweet and quiet, which I generally am. But I can DEFINITELY hold my own if I get fired up about something. Hand motions, strong arguments, facial expressions, evidence, and everything. I did debate for two years which probably helped.

I'm also good at pretending. I can say I'm happy, and look like I'm happy, and act like I'm happy, when really I'm not. And the other way around.

And I can also be EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE! Some of the other mothers of debaters who talked to my mom during debate season always could hardly believe her when she told them how I loved debate so much! But I thrived in the competition.

Okay, enough bragging about myself...

Laura's Questions:

Do you live in the country, city, or town?

50 acres in the country! I love it!

What's your favorite girl name?

Hmm... I love K names (especially Kate and Kitridge), and I love M names (especially Mallory and McKenzie).

What's your favorite board or card game?

Dutch Blitz! It's a family favorite!

Alright everyone! There ya' have it! If anyone missed the Q+A or has any last straggling questions, go ahead and ask and I'll answer them in the comments. Otherwise, I think we're done! Thanks to everyone who participated! I had a lot of fun with this and I hope you all did too!

And now, I have a question for you!

I've been thinking of starting a blog series. I have two ideas and, although I'll probably do both of them, I don't know that I should do both of them at the same time (although that's still an option). I'd probably try to post once a week about whatever I choose. Here's the two ideas:

1. Things that take our focus off of Christ or things that we try to find our identity inThere are a lot of things that we tend to find our identity in and this is one area I struggle in and I've been learning about.

2. Family lifeI've been thinking recently - you know, I've been just about everything. A little sister to older brothers. A big sister to little brothers. A big sister to little sisters. A daughter to a mother and a father. I've dealt with babies, toddlers, middle-aged kids, and adults as siblings. And I know I've had questions asked about being a sister and I've had requests for posts on younger siblings.

Let me know which you want to see most!

Be watching out for a long-overdue post - a tag by Laura @ Flowers in my Basket!

Have you enjoyed the Questions and Answers series? Which was your favorite question that I've answered? Are there any answers that surprised you? What are YOUR answers to some of these questions? Do you have any last minute questions? Which series do you think I should start first? Identity focus? Familyhood? Alternate between the two each week?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2/26/2018 2:35:47 PM #

Ahh yay, I'm so glad you got part two out!!  I loved reading your answers!  And YES me too, I can only play a couple guitar chords, and then occasionally I'll remember another one or two more Tong
Ooh, those are both great series ideas!  I vote both Smile  But if I have to choose just one for now... family life wins. Smile  I love hearing tips and encouragement from other sisters!  We're all on this journey together, and it can be tough sometimes.  But loving and serving our families is something we are called to do as sisters and daughters.  Encouragement is always energizing on the topic! Smile
Oh, and I totally agree that receiving comments are one of the best things about blogging Smile  I get SO excited when I see new comments on my blog!  I especially love long, thoughtful comments.  I think that is a similarity we share.. xD ;)
Can't wait for your next post!  I love reading your blog and always look forward to new posts.  <3
By the way, I know my email was super long (and I totally understand that you haven't been able to get to it -- I don't blame you! xD), but I wanted to make sure, will be you going to Allison's retreat in April?  I saw on her blog that there was someone wanting to carpool in Oregon, so I was wondering if perhaps that opened the door up for you to go ;)  If that's the case... I will find a way up there.  I will.  I will.  I will. Smile

2/26/2018 9:11:12 PM #

Thanks for commenting, Grace! Yeah, guitar is something I really want to brush up on.
Okay, I'll keep your preferences in mind! I love hearing tips from other sisters too. It's an area that there's always room to grow in! Maybe I'll do both... I'm considering doing one the first week and the other the second and alternating back and forth, but it might be nice to focus on only one. We'll see. ;)
Yes! Long thoughtful comments are DEFINITELY the best! The short, interested ones are nice too, but there's nothing better than a lengthy, deep commentary on your post. One of the reasons why your comments are especially exciting to me. Smile
I'm glad you're still enjoying my posts! I have a lot of posts lined up right now, so you won't have any reason to be disappointed in me in that area!
I considered going and came very close to deciding on going up there, but I want to finish paying for school before I spend that much money on anything. Frown But keep your hopes up! I'm DEFINITELY planning on it next year! Haha, that's another thing I should have added in response to the questions of where would I go and who would I bring. I would totally choose you to come with me to the retreat!!! I should have more than enough saved up by then and because of a few things that came up I think it'll probably be the last year I'll have the chance for a looooong time!

2/26/2018 9:33:19 PM #

There's nothing better than a lengthy, deep commentary on your post... I love how you put that! ;)
Oh yay!!  Isn't it a great feeling to have so many blog posts ready and waiting?  I wrote one today.  It took me a while, but I'm glad to have another one ready to go Smile
That makes sense that you'd like to save up as much money as you can right now and pay for school first.  I've thought about that too... I don't have to pay for school yet, but I'd like to start saving now for when the expenses start coming in.  $250 + transportation to Iowa is a little high for me right now :/  I technically have the money, but that's quite a bit of it.  I sure hope Allison has another next year, and we can go and meet each other -- but wait. Oh no!  I'll be taking duel enrollment classes then! :'O  Well, I can pray about it.  God'll work it out if it's His will... or maybe He'll provide a completely different opportunity for us to meet each other <3  Wouldn't that be miraculous?  Considering we live across the country from each other and all... ;)  But God can do amazing things, and we can trust Him <3

2/26/2018 9:50:51 PM #

Yes, it is a great feeling to have posts lined up! Although it's a little overwhelming sometimes, haha! I've got a LOT lined up! And I'm looking forwards to your next posts! I always love reading your posts. They're always so encouraging, and there's the bonus of them being very well-written. Smile
Yeah, I *technically* have the money to go, but I want to wait until I'm a little more financially stable. And YES, start saving NOW before you actually start! I'm glad I did and I wish had had saved a little more.
Oh no, you might not be able to go then!!! I hope you'll be able to go. That (very LITERALLY) would take half of the excitement away for me! It'll definitely be something that I'll be praying about!!! And it WOULD be miraculous (and wonderful!) for God to work something else out! (Especially since we probably can't have hours-long music sessions at Allison's camp ;) We'll see. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to meet in person some day. Laughing

2/26/2018 10:39:24 PM #

Hello, one of my favorite hobbies was music when I was young. I was fortunate to have professional guitar lessons for almost a year and I learned to play music entirely. I could play anything. I soon found so many other things competing for time in my life the guitar got put away for a few years and I never was able to get it back again what I had learned to fully play sheet music all the way up and down the frets. Well I lost it a few years later I found that out. Where am I going with my point you ask. Well it is to well prioritize your time to the things that you love, I could have pulled out that guitar a bit from that closet and kept what I had learned but other interest competed for my time. I wish I still had kept up with that as later in my life I took interest but was discouraged by what I had forgotten.

Some things, well all things but Christ in our lives, are only temporal, so take care to nurture those that mean the most to your heart. That is my message.

2/26/2018 10:45:35 PM #

Thanks for sharing, Mr. Walker. I definitely plan on learning more guitar in the future!

2/27/2018 11:33:13 AM #

Hey Grace, I'm the only man on here posting I noticed!!! Well, I hope my point of view helps balance things out Smile

2/27/2018 11:48:24 AM #

Haha! Honestly, you aren't too outnumbered... I don't have a very large reader base.

2/27/2018 12:29:47 PM #

I would argue though that you aren't the only man who comments on here - I can think of three off of the top of my head who either comment or rate my posts other than you. And most of my brothers read my posts, I believe. To be sure though, you are the most consistent!

2/27/2018 12:32:26 PM #

By the way, you didn't voice a preference as to which series you would want me to do. Do you have a suggestion?

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
2/28/2018 5:35:15 PM #

😂 My reader base is even smaller! 😂

Which reminds me: thanks for all of your comments on my humble blog. They are appreciated, more (I think) than you know. Smile

2/28/2018 5:55:52 PM #

No problem! I enjoy reading your blog. ;)

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
3/1/2018 7:43:55 AM #

Haha - thanks for that! 1☺

3/1/2018 9:38:58 AM #

Smile

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
2/27/2018 11:58:31 AM #

Hi, I'm just trying to understand what is happening here. Explanation, please?? ;)

2/27/2018 12:28:24 PM #

Oh, I guess you weren't around for the first of these posts. I originally started with a Q+A where I had readers ask me questions and I also included a true-or-false. However, because I tend to give rather long answers to questions, I posted the true and false answers first and then the answers to everyone's questions in two subsequent posts. This was the last of 4 posts. ;)
Here are the links to the previous posts if you care to look ;)
blog.hellandfamily.com/.../Questions-and-Answers-(Q+A)
blog.hellandfamily.com/.../Questions-and-Answers-Part-2-T0F-Answers!
blog.hellandfamily.com/.../Questions-and-Answers-Part-3-My-Answers-Pt-1

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
2/28/2018 5:32:38 PM #

Ah, thank you! That's certainly understandable. ;)

2/28/2018 5:56:19 PM #

Glad to clear that up for you. Smile

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
2/27/2018 12:08:46 PM #

I understood the two questions at the end. ;) I think that #1 would be the most interesting, although both are intriguing ideas for a blog-post series. ☺

2/27/2018 12:31:04 PM #

Okay, thanks! I'll keep your suggestion in mind. ;)

2/27/2018 3:47:08 PM #

Hi, you asked us which series we prefer. Christ would be first and then family, but they are both connected so intrinsically, so I would say Both would be great. I know that Christ has surely change not only me, but my relationships with family and friends. I have have a new set of friends now, those that are like minded. I find it hard to be with people who are not Christian and many of them are in my family, thankfully not my wife, but others.

Christ certainly works in our lives in more ways than one, our family, our friends, our church, and out daily routines are carried out always with His name in mind. When times get hard,  I wonder how this challenge is upon me and mostly it is a lesson from Christ. Sometimes things happen that seem bad, but He has a reason and purpose in all things.

2/27/2018 4:24:38 PM #

Okay, so I have a vote for family, a vote for Christ centered identity focus, and a vote for both. What am I supposed to do with that??? I need a tie breaker. ;)

2/27/2018 6:55:00 PM #

If I had to chose only one, it is clearly Christ.

2/27/2018 7:06:02 PM #

Okay. I will consider your suggestion.

2/27/2018 9:34:34 PM #

By choosing Christ certainly in no way excludes any and all things that are of Him. And that pretty much includes everything; is He all about family, love, relationships, daily lives etc, yes. The whole spectrum and it's all of Christ.

2/27/2018 9:37:59 PM #

That is everything but that is good, and certainly not evil.

2/27/2018 9:40:47 PM #

So you would just exclude all things Evil, of Satan, and the Dark Side.

2/27/2018 10:20:27 PM #

Okay... I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say but I think I understand. If I did a series on family, it would be very Christ-centered too. It would be tips from my experience on being a sibling/son or daughter from a biblical perspective.

2/28/2018 9:40:31 AM #

Fun! What's an alumni? I love Dutch Blitz too!

2/28/2018 10:23:07 AM #

An alumni is a graduate. ;) And yes, Dutch Blitz!!! Me, my family, and all of my Dad's relatives LOVE it, so whenever we get together we have huge tournaments and it's super fun. ;)

2/28/2018 10:52:48 AM #

Oh, and do you have a preference as to which series I do Laura?

3/2/2018 2:25:42 PM #

I don't really know. They both sound interesting! Maybe the one about things we tend to try to find our identity in.

3/2/2018 2:39:24 PM #

Thanks for your opinion, Laura! I think I'll do both. ;)

2/28/2018 10:43:21 AM #

Hi Grace,  Good Morning!
Sorry to confuse you, Christ Centered Family, well yes, family and with Christ at the very center of it all is surely about Him as our King. That covers it all, so no need to separate them, as they should all be one anyway.

2/28/2018 10:53:57 AM #

Well, they're both focused on different areas of the Christian life. One is family life, and one is places where we tend to find our identity in other than Christ.

2/28/2018 10:54:07 AM #

Thinking about alumni -
I never went to college, took a few classes, but I married young at 19 and had to go to work. I was fortunate to work for a politician a County Treasurer for about 25 years who liked me and over the years I became one of his senior management analyst. This was in Salinas CA where now the majority of cities people are speak Spanish.

It was not that way when I started working there in 1984. But today I could be hired for old job because that I did not have college degree and I don't speak much Spanish.

That is the good thing about staying with something and that applies to almost anything including playing guitar. It is about staying with it. If I had left, and started over somewhere else, I don't think I would be retired yet, like I did seven years ago.  So if it's important - Stay With It...

2/28/2018 10:54:23 AM #

Wow, y'all sure made this a popular post. ;)

Stephanie
Stephanie
2/28/2018 6:48:33 PM #

Oh yes, Dutch Blitz is a favorite here as well Smile

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you better and your answers were a delight to read. Thank you for sharing a little bit about your sweet self.

I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog today. Your comment was such a blessing, my dear! Hugs to you! Stephanie-The Enchanting Rose

2/28/2018 7:08:00 PM #

Awe, thanks Stephanie! And yes, Dutch Blitz! It seems to be a favorite with soooo many people!
I'm glad you enjoyed reading my answers! I enjoyed answering them and sharing a little bit about myself. ;)
Awe, I was glad to! I enjoy reading your blog!
Blessings on your day. ;)

2/28/2018 7:11:05 PM #

Hi Grace, yeah you're right - I'm taking a broad view. There are many topics you could choose from though.

3/4/2018 2:48:16 PM #

I loved reading all of these, and thanks for answering my questions! Laughing I love how you go in depth in each answer, sometimes people just answer each question with a sentence or two, but you make it very interesting! Smile
Even though I take awhile sometimes to read your posts, I still LOVE them all! Smile I'm so glad you started a blog!

3/4/2018 4:46:01 PM #

Glad you liked hearing my answers!
Awe, thanks! I'm glad too. ;)

Pingbacks and trackbacks (1)+