An Average Day Tag

by Grace 1. March 2018 19:22

Hello Everyone!

I was tagged by Laura @ Flowers in my Basket for the Average Day tag. The rules are that you have to post 10+ pictures of a typical day for you and then tag 2+ other people to do the tag.

Now, my days are all vastly different... Especially since I'm a substitute at the highschool - I could (and have been called) the morning they need me to ask if I'm available because someone woke up sick or something like that. So I just took random pictures over multiple days. These are just a few things that occur on a regular basis for me.

Here we go!

School!!! This is probably the #1 (not a hashtag!!!) thing I do. That right there is my syllabus binder and one of the main books for my Legal Philosophy and Reasoning course, "Renewing Your Mind as You Study Law."

More school.

Me at work. That's the highschool cafeteria! Yes, the apron of the day doesn't match with my coat. But I was out of luck because it didn't match with my shirt either! Oh well. I don't get to choose my apron, so that happens sometimes. ;)

Behind the serving counter at work.

The locker room at work... the lockers are behind me. ;)

This is what happens when I get random inspiration... These are three songs I wrote rather spur-of-the-moment.

Blogging!

Listening to a school lecture. I think it was for Real Estate Transactions but I don't remember.

Okay, I had to share this one with you all... My 4 year old brother does this all the time. He'll get his own precious blanket and a teddy bear a 'put me down for a nap' while I'm doing school! Haha! Isn't that sweet??? I love my little brother. ;)

Okay! That's the end! 10 pictures of the life of yours truly.

Now, as for who I tag...

Grace @ Grace Notes

Bethany @ Liberty or Death

Maddy @ Little Bit of Sunshine

And YOU! If your a blogger and you want to be added to this list but weren't, comment or use the contact form (or you can email me if you have my address ;) and contact me and your name and blog will *magically* appear on the list. ;)

And also, if you have not voiced your opinion on which series you want me to do, make sure you let me know which of the two you would be most interested in! (See the end of my last post) You can comment and let me know, or you can let me know through my contact form.

One last thing... I was considering having some sort of contest. What would all of you be most interested in? Photography? Short story? Poetry? Article?

Did you enjoy hearing a little more about my day? What normally happens in your day? If you haven't voted yet, which series do YOU want to see? And what type of contest would you be most interested in? I love hearing from all of you!

Tags: , , , , ,

3/1/2018 9:04:48 PM #

Loved this, Grace!  It was super fun seeing what a normal day in your life looks like!  Aww, that's the sweetest thing, your brother 'putting you down for a nap!'  Hosanna came into my room today while I'm lettering a quote, and she gasps and goes, "Oh, that is so beautiful!" in her little babyish voice.  Adorable-ness overload!!  Younger siblings are absolutely precious.  I'm so glad God made me a big sister!!
Thank you so much for tagging me!  I love blog tags, and this one looks especially fun! ;)  Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna make my own tags and get them going.  You can never have too many tags, in my opinion!  Am I right? Smile

3/1/2018 9:20:45 PM #

Awe, so cute!!! Younger siblings are such a wonderful gift! I'm so grateful to be a big sister too!!! My two year old brother once came up to me with one of our headbands and said, "Dis is beautiful! It beautiful! I love it. I love it!" Sooooo cute. Laughing
I love blog tags too! I can't wait to see your post! And yessss, no such thing as too many tags. I'm all in for moret!
And if you do make any tags... Don't forget me. ;) Haha!

3/1/2018 9:37:19 PM #

Great Work - It's so good to be out of High School (Home School), and on to Law. Just like every great author, there is a great editor, the same goes for attorneys, behind each successful attorney, is a great Paralegal, and behind every great man, is a great woman, and so on and so on it goes......

I too worked for the school in my later high school years - as an adult auto teachers aid. And I was so happy to move on from it.

3/1/2018 10:02:33 PM #

Yes, it's nice to be moving out of high school and moving on in life, although I LOVED being home-schooled!
Haha! I'm assuming you didn't enjoy working at the school then?

3/1/2018 11:58:06 PM #

This is kind of funny; but frank, I was not home schooled, since my parents were pretty much in a broken messed up relationship, without God or beliefs. They stayed married for the "sake of the kids". Personally, I wish they had broke it off 15 years earlier, instead of waiting until I was 18. So I did not benefit from anything good there.

Graduating high school in Santa Cruz was surely one of the happiest days of my life. And even-though I never really made it to college I did fine and retired 7 years ago at age 50.

But what was good? I will tell you about it. I graduated from Santa Cruz High School in 1979 and during those years changes had begun like " the new math" etc. I was able to get most of that out of the way the first two years, so the second (last two years) I spent mainly in vocational classes we still well supported then, before it began to erode later.

I have a vocational auto class from 11-3:30, wood shop and worked for the school too at night part time, the other classes were wood, metal shop, lapidary and a little science the last couple of years. Those were the good days for the schools, the schools had well stocked shops, tools, class materials were almost free. I spent about 3 years auto shop. The 1970's where a better time for schools and the country as a whole. A husband then could support a family with only one job then. That all changed later in the 1980's and 90's.

Was Public school good? No! They did not teach us any Christianity, and many teachings of false science which I have since un-learned. But the vocational classes were great.

I always liked the vocations. And when I became an office worker, a tax manager, I was always a weekend vocational project orientated.

I spend lots of time studying and editing Christian Literature and have had some experience with poetry because of my late brother. In my retirement  Literary work has been as significant as vocations for me in recent years.

3/2/2018 10:36:42 AM #

A message from Christian Author J C Ryle (Luke

The man who hears the word of God, and does it, is the true Christian.
He hears the call of God to repent and be converted, an he obeys it.
He ceases to do evil, and learns to do well.

He puts off the old man, and puts on the new.---He hears the call of God to
believe on Jesus Christ for justification, and he obeys it.  He forsakes his own
righteousness , and confesses his need of a Savior.  He receives Christ crucified
as his only hope, and counts all things loss for the knowledge of Him.---He hears
the call of God to be holy, and he obeys it.

He strives to mortify the deeds of his body, and to walk after the spirit.
He labors to lay aside every weight, and the sin the so easily besets
him.---This is true vital Christianity.

All men and women who are of this character are true Christians.

3/2/2018 2:24:03 PM #

Thanks for doing this, Grace!

3/2/2018 2:39:44 PM #

Thanks for tagging me!

3/4/2018 2:37:44 PM #

I loved reading this, Grace! And seeing the pictures of you was so great, I love seeing my Twinsie! Laughing I thought it was ADORABLE how your little brother (I know it's not Jaden... um... is it Micah?) "puts you down for a nap" that was SO funny, hahaha! Laughing

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but I'd love to see a poetry contest! Have you decided yet? I'd love to participate in any contest you host though! Laughing

3/4/2018 4:45:23 PM #

Glad you enjoyed the post! It was actually Elijah, haha! Eli is right in between Micah and Jadon. ;)
I haven't decided what I'd do if I did a contest. We'll see. I'll keep your suggestion in mind. ;)

Bethany Carson
Bethany Carson
3/10/2018 3:52:09 PM #

Thanks for sharing your day, Grace! And thank you for tagging me. I don't usually do tags anymore, but I should definitely get back to blogging. It's hard to believe I haven't posted this year.

3/10/2018 6:15:02 PM #

You're welcome! If you don't end up doing the tag, that's fine. I just thought I'd check and see. Smile
Oh, you haven't??? I didn't realize it had been that long. I'd love it if you got back to blogging regularly, if you have the time. ;)

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
3/14/2018 2:15:31 PM #

A Short Story would make an interesting post!

3/14/2018 4:51:58 PM #

I'll keep your suggestion in mind. Smile

<<  August 2018  >>