Series/Put on the Armor of God

by Grace 2. March 2018 14:16

Hey everyone!

I know I posted just yesterday but I wanted to just pop in and tell you all about this since I'll be pretty busy over the next few days.
I decided I'll just go back and forth every week between the two series. I technically had a tie between the two and I believe everyone said that they'd be interested in both.

I'd love to hear everyone's feedback throughout both of these series... Whether it's a quick note that you're still enjoying the series or you have a lot to add, and whether it's in agreement or something that you disagreed with. And I know I've said in the past that I love long comments, but I really do enjoy hearing from all of you whether you have lots to say or its a simple encouragement. I'm humbled that y'all would take the time to read my posts at all, let alone take the time to comment on them or rate them!

And also, I don't want you all to think that I've got this all together. Oh no. I certainly don't! The main reason that I chose these topics is because they're things that I too still struggle with. I still get angry at my siblings or lose my patience with them. Sometimes I treat my parents disrespectfully. I forget where my I'm supposed to get my identity and turn to the world to define who I am (that was part of my inspiration for my song Looking Farther, Reaching Higher). I'm a real human being -- sinner just like you all and I'm still learning about all of these things too!

I think I'll try to post a part to one of these series every Wednesday... We'll see what day it ends up on though. ;)

Since I'm here, I thought I'd share this song I wrote in 2014 with you. I think you all will be able to guess the passage that inspired this one. ;)

And, just in case, I want to apologize if you see the word 'armor' written as 'armour'... I have a tendency to write in the old English way sometimes... Armour, honour, neighbour, and all of the other words that Noah Webster shortened to be convenient (I think that was him). I think I got all of them changed, but just in case... ;)

Put on the Armor of God

Chorus:

We are to put on the armor of God to protect us from the foe,

As we take our pilgrimage in this wicked world be-low,

Some say they don't need it; they wear the world's armor instead

But then Satan overcomes them, and they go to the Land of the Dead

Oh! Weak sinner, put on the Armor of God!

Verse 1:

Gird your loins with the Lord's holy truth

Wear the breastplate of righteousness,

To protect against Satan's dangerous darts

Full of lies and evilness

Let your feet the preparation

Of the gospel of peace be shod

Oh feeble sinner, Put on the Armor of God!

Verse 2:

Take the helmet of Salvation

Don't let Satan your mind deceive,

Take the shield of faith for your defense

If you truly do believe,

And when you’re in holy war,

And in battle grounds you trod,

For the fight use the sword of the spirit, which is the Word of God!

Did you like the song? Which series are you most looking forward to? A big THANKS to ALL of you who take the time to read my blog, rate my posts, or comment! You'll never know how much you're all appreciated.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

3/2/2018 11:27:46 PM #

I do not know why, but since I turned over my life to Christ my God I have had all of these daily struggles. I have also heard it said that the Devil is most active in a Christians Home and at Church. And the longer I live in the world I find it is all geared towards Sin, daily it comes up, but I think to overcome those storms are God's Grace Through Faith. The Devil has become more active in the lives of Christian, and I really believe that it's true. But the Devil will always loose with me as Christ has given us an Armor.

"Put on the Armor of God" - Hi, I know I have read this in some of the Christian books I have studied and ---
It's Truly Biblical ---

Ephesians 6:11-18 King James Version (KJV)----
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

King James Version (KJV)

3/3/2018 11:27:28 AM #

Yes, Satan always goes after the followers of Christ because they are the ones glorifying God, which is what he doesn't want. Thanks for supplying the passage! You're right - I pulled my song directly out of this passage.

3/3/2018 11:58:57 AM #

Good Morning, sometime if you get that song recorded, I would sure like to listen to it. Yes, about Satan Tessie and I are aware of this which helps us cope with his meddling. I think just being aware of it and what is going on, really helps us because sometimes we just say to each other Stop! This is Satan!!! And we have stopped lots of attacks that way and avoided many unpleasant arguments and such.

Just being aware, Satan lives and our pastor said that he exists in a "subdued state" because of Christ. So remember he is subdued and easily conquered.

3/3/2018 12:15:04 PM #

When I get it recorded (I'm planning on doing it in the future) I will be sure to let you hear it! I'll record it as soon as we finish are current CD and when I convince my siblings it should be on our next project. Smile

3/4/2018 3:06:05 PM #

I loved reading this, and I'm excited because I didn't get a chance to vote and I really wanted to see both series so I'm thrilled to hear that you'll be doing both. Smile I also loved the song, it was so encouraging and it has such a meaning of hope in that, with Christ, we can overcome the devil - he has no control over us.

A verse of Scripture that has been really meaningful to me lately is, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” It has such hope and peace in it, that no matte what we go through, we can be of good cheer because Christ has overcome EVERYTHING! Another thing I've been thinking about is trusting God. I struggle with this, as I know a lot of us do, in the small things. I trust Him in that He died on the Cross and saved me from eternal death, but then when life doesn't go according to 'my plan', then I struggle with trusting His good plan. I think prayer is so important in trust, and I'm learning along the way and learning to trust Him more and more each day. I just thought you'd like to hear my thoughts of late, Grace, haha!
The Scripture I mentioned, it's a big part in a story that I entered into Isabella Morganthal's contest, did you enter? I'm so excited to see who wins! Would you be interested in reading my story, Grace? Laughing

3/4/2018 4:51:18 PM #

I'm glad you're excited!!! I am too. And I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the song. ;)
Yes, you told me a little while back that you loved that verse. I do too! Thanks for sharing what's been on your mind. ;)
No, I didn't enter, I didn't even realize she was having one, haha! I'd love to read your story if you want to email it to me. ;) Thanks!

3/4/2018 8:25:17 PM #

Can't wait for the series to start!!  I am looking forward to both, of course! ;)

3/4/2018 8:30:26 PM #

Glad to hear it! I'm excited too! I'm glad I'm doing both. Everyone seems to be looking forwards to each of them. ;)

3/5/2018 11:32:04 AM #

Nicely written Olivia, I agree with it all, but the Devil still tries to meddle in a Christian person's life, but with our faith in Christ He will never allow Satan to prevail over us. I think Christ allowed him to do this in order to test our true faith in Him.

3/5/2018 11:46:52 AM #

Yes, I believe she was saying that no matter what we face and what trials and temptations we go through, we still have the ultimate victory through Christ. ;)

3/5/2018 8:58:35 PM #

Yes, Olivia has it right. And what a wonderful thing it is! Assurance through Faith and Obedience. Assurance is almost a word like insurance and they are somewhat the same. So wonderful that we can rest in Assurance of Christ and it give one piece of mind here most of all to know our lives here on Earth is only the beginning of eternal life. That does not mean we will not face challenges, we do, and we will.

3/5/2018 9:01:51 PM #

Laughing

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
3/14/2018 2:24:24 PM #

Great poem!

P.S. I used to read G.A. Henty, and that is how I was introduced to the English version of certain words (armour v. armor - which I actually like ☺ ); unfortunately, I think I have Americanized my spelling entirely!

3/14/2018 5:02:54 PM #

Glad you liked it!
I honestly don't know why I always write with the English version of so many words that end in "or". I've only read one book by G.A. Henty - I enjoyed it but didn't go back to them after reading R.M. Ballantyne, who I liked much better. His writing style was much more lively and engaging. (Of course, after reading Real Estate Transactions for Paralegals, G.A. Henty would probably be much easier to read...)

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
3/15/2018 1:00:13 PM #

Oh, goodness, YES! That book wound my brain into knots!!

3/15/2018 1:29:29 PM #

Hahaha! I feel your pain. Glad to know I'm not the only one who felt that way about that book! "Torts" was much easier. Laughing

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
3/15/2018 1:32:36 PM #

We are of one mind in that subject. Smile

3/15/2018 2:07:51 PM #

Yes! I have a friend who took the paralegal program (she's the one who told me about it). I'll have to see what she thought of it. ;)

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
3/27/2018 8:01:32 AM #

It will be nice to know. ☺

<<  May 2019  >>