SOFP ENTRY!!!!!!

by Grace 16. March 2018 15:26

Hello Everyone!

As you all can probably tell already by my excessive exclamation points in the title, I'm super excited about this entry. I hacked into my sister's files *grins evilly* and stole a poem out.

Okay, I got permission. ;)

Anywho, I got it. Now, if there was ANYONE I ever envied for their poetry-writing skills, it's my little sister. She can add meaning and depth to her writing like no one else can. Fortunately she doesn't write a lot of poetry or else I'd go out of business... Totally kidding!

Alright. Here it is!

Looking Through My Crystal Window

Looking through my crystal window

My forlorn eyes meet a fragile rose;

A vibrant red, resolutely rising,

With face turned up, this flower grows.

How do you climb, so all alone?

How did you weather the Winter’s frost?

Roots of steel, a determined stem

You reach for the sky, at any cost.

Looking into your house so bright

I could’ve dreamt of what I don’t own.

Whispers of warmth welcomed vain wishes

For in the cold months I’ve grown alone.

But I know that Winter passes

And envious thoughts don’t help a thing.

My name is Hope; a budding flower

Who always believes there is a Spring.

Beautiful, isn't it? All of the alliteration sends shivers down my spine. ;)

Before y'all leave, check out my recommendations page on the sidebar!

Did you enjoy Abigail's poem? Be sure to let her know in the comments! Would YOU be interested in doing SOFP? Did you check out my recommendations page on the sidebar?

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

3/16/2018 4:38:01 PM #

Wow, this was beautiful.  Abigail definitely has a gift!  She takes after her older sister. Smile  Thank you for sharing this, Grace, and thank you Abigail for giving her permission! ;)

3/16/2018 7:25:01 PM #

Yes, she does have a gift! And more like after her grandma. ;) They're both better than I am!

3/16/2018 9:05:26 PM #

Thank you, Grace!
And my sister Grace is my favorite poet, so you can say I take after her.
Glad you liked it!

3/16/2018 4:38:37 PM #

Oh!  And yes, I did check out your recommendations page-- thanks so much for putting that up, Grace!  And you were so sweet to link back to my blog.  Thanks <3

3/16/2018 7:26:41 PM #

No problem! I had actually done it a month or two ago, but it deleted itself when I tried to post it for some reason. *Irritated sigh*. Oh the joys of blogging. Anywho, I finally got a chance to redo the whole thing! Haha!
Oh, no problem about linking to your blog. I enjoy reading it!

3/16/2018 6:57:26 PM #

This poem was GORGEOUS, my goodness, it was so beautiful - I LOVED it! Laughing And I checked out the recommendations page too, thank you so much for featuring me! I'm honored. Smile

I laughed when you said you snuck into your sister's file *grins evilly*, hahaha! Tong

3/16/2018 7:29:44 PM #

Right??? It's amazing!!! No problem about featuring your blog on my recommendations page. You're blog is encouraging to me!
Hahaha! I'm much more sinister than you all thought. ;)

3/16/2018 9:10:40 PM #

Thank you, Olivia! Glad you liked it.
And yes, Grace did just sneak into my files. But I suppose she did warn me beforehand!
Again, glad you enjoyed it!

Laura Danner
Laura Danner
3/17/2018 9:47:41 AM #

This poem is really pretty!

3/17/2018 6:31:58 PM #

Thanks for reading it, Laura! Glad you enjoyed it!

3/17/2018 7:02:36 PM #

Thanks for allowing me to steal your poem, sis. ;)

3/18/2018 11:39:17 PM #

You're welcome! I'm glad people actually like it!

3/18/2018 10:55:36 AM #

Dear Grace. that is the most poetic piece that I believe that I've ever read that you have authored. I understand that almost all your writings are Christian. However, this poem just from the prospective of poetry, this is the poem of poems.

Notice its bright, it's happy and full of life.

The work of poetry is a true labor of love, many do it and few are financially successful. It does surely convey the true talent of the author. This is a very fine piece of work, you should keep these files and compile them over time and perhaps a book someday will come.

Congrats, I've rated this one at Five Stars! (again) Smile

3/18/2018 12:09:34 PM #

Hehehe... See what I mean when I say I'm jealous??? Haha!

3/18/2018 11:00:40 AM #

Oh, wow, I re-read your message I had first just read the poem - this is your sisters work. I am just floored by this!!! Tell her what I said...

3/18/2018 12:09:40 PM #

Yes, she's better than I am!

3/18/2018 11:34:51 PM #

Thank you, Mr. Walker! I'm glad you like it.

3/18/2018 11:15:57 AM #

I have sent a copy of this poem for a critique by Raymond Foye in NYC and also to Neeli in CA. I will let you know what these experts say about the poem....

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
3/27/2018 8:05:59 AM #

WONDERFUL POEM!!! I can understand why you envy her, Grace. I LOVE THE ADJECTIVES AND METAPHORS!!!!

3/27/2018 10:11:55 AM #

Haha! I know, right??? I still get tingles when I read her poetry. Her story writing is just as good. Really, anything she writes is pretty amazing... I need to get her on here more often!

3/27/2018 12:47:57 PM #

Thank you, J.S.! I love using metaphors in poetry, as well as in different types of writing - I like using all sorts of literary devices. They make a piece of prose or verse so much better!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

J.S. Klingemann
J.S. Klingemann
3/27/2018 3:05:39 PM #

You are certainly welcome. ;)

<<  August 2019  >>