Lord I'll Be what You Want Me to Be

by Grace 7. April 2018 19:55

Hey everyone!

Here's a song that I've written a while ago, but it means a lot to me still. It's one of my favorites that I've written. Some of you that know me might have heard me mention it before -- I am currently working on an arrangement of it with piano, cello, and violin.

Let me know what you think!

Lord, I'll be what You Want Me to be

Chorus:

Lord I'll be what you want me to be tho' the way seems foggy and unclear

Lord I'll do what you want me to do I will cling to You and never fear

For you're holding my hand

Lord I'll be what you want me to be

Verse 1:

I'm tired of fearing, and not believing in Your Sovereignty and grace

I'm growing weary of not trusting You to carry me through everything I face

I'll not be standing idle longer while I hear you calling after me

I'll follow You,

Lord I'll be what You want me to be

Verse 2:

I'll take a breath, and hold Your hand while You lead me down this path I do not know

I will follow Your direction even when Your plan to me you do not show

I am trusting in your promise that You'll always do what You know's best for me

I'll cling to You,

Lord I'll be what You want me to be.

To be honest, I made that second verse just now... I started putting it up here and I thought, "This needs a second verse!" And that was easy for me to do because I've been learning to release my desires to God and be what He wants me to be.

But that's a story for some other time. ;)

Did you like the song? Do you have any ideas of how I can significantly shorten the title??? That's one thing I have trouble with... Titling songs. My titles are always WAY too long. Y'all have probably noticed that though.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4/8/2018 3:13:09 PM #

This is wonderful, Grace!!  Please please please share a video of your arrangement when you are done... I'd love to hear it! <3
Hmm, well, the only shortened title I can think of if you want to shorten it is "What You Want Me to Be."  Or I guess "Lord, I'll Be" could work too, but since you always follow that up with "...what you want me to be," I'm not sure if that sounds the best.   I honestly never made a mental note about your song titles being too long!
Have a wonderful Lord's day!

4/8/2018 8:02:14 PM #

I will try to make a video of it sometime! I'll have to get someone to help play the instruments though... ;)
Hmm, I'll have to think on those. XD Glad you don't think my song titles are to long and clunky. Laughing
You have a wonderful Lord's day too! We went and saw the Bontragers this morning in concert, which was super fun. ;)

4/8/2018 9:48:27 PM #

Ahhhh you saw the Bontragers?!! How was that?  Did you get to talk to Allison or any of them afterward??  Where was the concert? Fiiillll mmeee iinnnn!!  One thing I regret most about when I saw the Bontragers in concert was that I didn't get to Allison much, and I didn't even get to meet any of the other :'(

4/8/2018 9:54:49 PM #

It was really good! We did get to talk to them. I'll be sure to email you later and tell you all about it. ;)

4/8/2018 10:15:49 PM #

Good.  That's so exciting!  I'll be looking forward to your email!! Smile

4/8/2018 5:00:08 PM #

This was so beautiful, I know you mentioned this in your CLM article so it was so great to get to read it! Smile

4/8/2018 8:02:50 PM #

Yes, I did mention it, so I thought you'd probably recognize the title. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

4/13/2018 6:35:50 PM #

I really like this too!

4/13/2018 7:47:32 PM #

Glad you enjoyed it, Laura!

Pingbacks and trackbacks (1)+