I WILL Return! || The Lord Has Not Forsaken

by Grace 10. July 2018 12:07

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been here much recently. A lot has been happening over on our end recently, more of which I hope to share later. But one reason I wasn't here is because I've been experiencing some writer's block... (yep, poets/lyricists get that too and it's JUST as painful for a poet as it is for any other writer!) Anywho, I feel like I'm starting to come out of that and hopefully I'll have something new to share with you soon. However, today I'm going to share something I wrote in 2014. ;)

The Lord has not Forsaken

The Lord has not forsaken, the Lord is on our side;
He will watch o'er His children, and He His own will guide.

The Evil one is striving to tear families apart--
To persecute God's children and to cause a bitter heart.
But God has not forsaken while Satan thus derides
And for all of His children deliverance provides.

When all things seem in ruins, and all hope fades away;
All men now stand against us, and night doth hide the day...
The love of God cannot be harmed by Satan's strong attempts,
For God is stronger; Satan's strength He holds in great contempt.

Pure men have been imprisoned, and children have been taken...
But God is right here with us; He never has forsaken.
The evil one is striving God's children to molest--
But He will bring us through and sustain us through the test.

The Lord has not forsaken, the Lord is on our side;
He will watch o'er His children, and He His own will guide.

Also, I just thought that I'd post links to posts in the past that were my favorite or that I remember y'all really liking. Here's the top 11 (in no particular order):

Sparkle In the Rain

What Am I?

When You Feel Like an Unredeemable Shipwreck

Lord I'll Be what You Want Me to Be

Looking Higher, Reaching Farther

Merry Christmas! // God Will Give Strength

Happy New Years Everyone!!!

Reflections on My Day - Do Looks Truly Matter?

Straight From My Heart

Our Lives are Passing Times

Troubled Waters

Okay, I lied... I think they're in order of newest to oldest. ;) By the way, right now I kinda have a strange liking for the number 11. Probably only my siblings understand that. Haha! I bet they do too. Either that or maybe they like 13. Hehe.

AND BY THE WAY, I haven't given up my Q+A video. I just haven't had the chance to sit down in front of a camera with my sister and answer 70+ questions yet. XD

Did you enjoy the poem? Do you remember any of the posts I listed? Are there any I've written that you remember especially liking?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7/10/2018 2:04:10 PM #

Yay!!  You're back!!  I've missed you here, Grace!  And I'm still super excited about this Q+A video ;)  Did you seriously get 70+ questions or are you just joking?? xD
And yes of course I remember many (if not all) of those posts!  I've loved everything you've posted! <3

7/12/2018 8:55:14 PM #

Yep! 78 to be exact, I believe! Haha! Any more, anyone? Hehe, never mind... ;)
I was wondering who would remember what. ;) Honestly, I think a lot of my readers have been around ever since I started the blog. ;)

7/11/2018 9:58:47 AM #

Oh, and by the way, I've nominated you for the Favorite Things tag over on my blog! Smile

7/12/2018 8:55:35 PM #

Ooh, okay! Sounds fun! I'll go check it out! Thanks!

7/11/2018 3:58:13 PM #

Yay! I'm so glad your back! I loved the poem, and can't wait for the video!

7/12/2018 8:56:06 PM #

I'm glad you enjoyed the poem! And I'm pretty happy to be back, too. ;)

7/15/2018 3:55:34 PM #

This has to be one of my top favorite poems I've read of yours! So pretty and I loved the words you used! Smile Yes I remember most of the posts you mentioned, you know I love reading your blog. ;) And as far as to a post I have particularly liked - this one! Laughing

7/15/2018 4:55:57 PM #

Thank you! I'm glad you liked this one so much!!! Yeah, I think you've seen all the posts... I believe you were my first follower, and one of the most consistent. ;)

<<  November 2018  >>